Tips to Improve Your Eyesight NaturallyThe Essentials of vision care
Changes to the health of your eyes can happen gradually and you may not have any obvious signs of disease. It is important to have your eyes checked on a regular basis by an optometrist or other eye care health professional. Most vision problems are avoidable or can be treated. You can take action to keep your eyes healthy.
Vision loss in Nigeria: It is estimated that 1.13 million individuals aged 40 years are currently blind in Nigeria. A further 2.7 million adults aged 40 years are estimated to have moderate visual impairment and an additional 400,000 adults are severely visually impaired. This is a very critical statistics you should not ignore at all Thus the imperative essence of *Wellness And Health information* on the subject matter. your eye (sight) is very vital and important to your overall well-being and existence as we discuss: *VISION CARE: in relation to recommendations, Lifestyle And Nutritional Therapy For Prevention , Remedy For Eye Challenge.
Here are 10 actions you can take to keep your eyes healthy:
- Wear a hat and sunglasses when you are outdoors. Ultraviolet light can cause damage to your eyes and, in the long term, lead to eye conditions such as cataracts.
- Wear eye protection at your workplace. Sixty per cent of all eye injuries occur at work. Jobs that involve handling hazardous chemicals or the use of machinery to cut, drill, grind, hammer, sand, spray or weld increase your chances of eye injuries.
- Visit your eye care health professional regularly. Regular checks may help to detect problems at an early stage, which means you can potentially have treatment before any permanent damage occurs to your eyes.
- Wear eye protection when playing sports. Eye injuries can easily occur when playing sports such as fencing, squash or high-speed ball sports. It is also a good idea to protect your eyes from road grit or projectiles when riding a bicycle.
- Quit smoking. Smoking damages your whole body, including the blood vessels that supply blood and nutrients to your eyes. If you are a smoker, it is not too late to improve your eye health by quitting.
- Stick to a healthy diet and exercise routine. Eating fresh, healthy food and exercising regularly helps to keep your blood vessels, eyes and your body in good shape.
- Avoid eye injuries at home. Wear eye protection when using power tools or chemicals or when doing home maintenance, renovations or work in the garden.
- Control your blood sugar, blood pressure and cholesterol levels. Keeping your blood glucose, blood pressure and cholesterol levels low helps to keep your eyes and the rest of your body healthy.
- Take regular breaks when working in front of your computer. Staring at the computer causes eyestrain and tired eyes and can cause long-term damage to your vision. Incorporate regular breaks and try some eye exercises to relax your eye muscles.
- Make sure you have proper lighting. Position your lights correctly when reading or working at the computer. Low light or bright lights can cause eyestrain
Good vision is a key factor for living a healthy, happy life. The earlier we start looking after the health of our eyes, the better our chance of maintaining good vision throughout our lives. Vision problems can occur at any age, which is why regular eye examinations with an optometrist are important. Good vision isn’t just about seeing well, it’s about living well.